About the Artist
Viveka Gren is a Swedish couture designer and artist who is best known for her passion of merging a sustainable mindset with wearable art, creating extraordinary pieces to wear and treasure.
I have for as long as I remember had a strong creative passion, but for a long time my life were simply too busy so the creativity was pushed aside. In 2018, on July 2nd, I made the decision to embark on a new and life long journey by launching HALO by Viveka Gren as a mean to express my creative and artistic visions without restrictions.
My art stems from an organic process. Rather than sketching, I tend to start off with a vauge idea and let the materials speak to me, painting a picture in my mind as the piece takes shape. In all of my couture pieces you will find hidden details, waiting to be discovered.
Everything you see on this site, including the site itself, is created by me. This artistic universe truly is the world of one single woman.
Thank you for joining me on this adventure. Being an independent artist is often lonely, but thanks to all of your support and cheers, life has truly become more vibrant and filled with joy.
I live with my two children in the city of Gothenburg, Sweden, and work from my home studio (and to be honest, just as often from the kitchen island which doubles as a creative workspace. I like having coffee and music close at hands.)
- Pride Pre-Party, La Petite Mort Stockholm, Grevgatan 68, August 5th 2022
- Art exhibition 'Paradise Lost', Galleri Svea, Gamla Stan, Stockholm, August 5th - 12th, 2022
Selection of previous work and comissions:
- Art exhibition 'Paradise Lost', Galleri Svea, Stockholm, August 5th - 12th, 2022
- Wardrobe for international short movie to be released in 2022
- Bridal headpiece featured in Bröllopsfotograferna, SVT, June 2022
- Bespoke creations for death gospel starlet Louise Lemón 2022
- Live performance and art installation at corporate event, November 2021
- Art exhibition 'Domme Divine', Galleri Svea, Stockholm, May 2021
- Art exhibition 'Shifting Depths', Frölunda Kulturhus, Göteborg, February-April 2021
- Crown, jewelry and hat created for the 'Desså' music video of Swedish hip hop legend Promoe feat Blizz Bugaddi, 2020
- Bespoke creations for Brazilian singer Simone Moreno 2019
- The Golden Bandurì halo and costume created for lead singer Madeleine Liljestam of Swedish metal band Eleine 2019
- Bespoke creations for death gospel starlet Louise Lemón 2019
- The Unholy Virgin halo created for the Queen of Swedish Burlesque and event organizer Fräulein Frauke, 2019