It is an eclectic world, full of warmth, love and many a twisted turn. It resonates with all that constitutes being a human and embraces my love for the unexpected and contrasts.
My art stems from an organic process. Rather than sketching, I start off with a vauge idea and let the materials speak to me, painting a picture in my mind as the piece takes shape. In all my pieces you will find hidden details, waiting to be discovered.
I work from my home studio in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Viveka Gren is an autodidact Swedish designer who is best known for her known for her avant-garde sunglasses, headpieces, metal claws and wearable art. She started out as a couture designer and artist in 2015, working mainly in the field of stage costumes for fusion belly dancers and artists. In 2018 HALO by Viveka Gren was launched as a mean to express her creative and artistic visions without restrictions.
Selection of previous work and comissions:
- Wardrobe for international short movie to be released in 2020
- Crown, jewelry and hat created for the 'Desså' music video of Swedish hip hop legend Promoe feat Blizz Bugaddi, to be released in 2020
- Bespoke creations for Brazilian singer Simone Moreno 2019
- The Golden Bandurì halo and costume created for lead singer Madeleine Liljestam of Swedish metal band Eleine 2019
- Bespoke creations for death gospel starlet Louise Lemón 2019
- The Unholy Virgin halo created for the Queen of Swedish Burlesque and event organizer Fräulein Frauke, 2019
Enviromental and ethical sustainability has always been a solid base in her work. Most of the material used is sourced from charity shops. To use her own words, there is a certain beauty and artistic challenge in taking something tossed away and giving it a new life.
The 2018 Birka Collection, a line of nine fusion belly dance costumes which was shown at the Fashion Obscura in Umeå, Sweden, is an example of a collection created with 100% repurposed materials.
As a step to raise awareness regarding the benefits of repurposing, she creates an exclusive jewelry mini collection of three pieces every year.
2018 mini collection: Shades of Apple (three choker necklaces, 85% repurposed materials)
2019 mini collection: Twilight Cascade (three long necklaces with black aluminium and metal, 100% repurposed materials)